Saturday, April 21, 2012

Welcome to Our Lives

"I loved colors as a child; anything bright and cheery with splashes of vibrancy made me happy, excited, and craving to own it.  As a teenager I tried desperately to fit in, to be as muted as I saw myself, to hide from a spotlight that existed only in my imagination, and secretly long for real spotlights I avoided so I could remain drab and dull.  As a young adult I made my living wearing clothes, and taking them off.  I posed for spotlights and was spotlighted in magazines and videos.  I had fans who knew me only as the girl in the J-lo lingerie ad, or the fourth Victoria Secret Angel in that one runway show..  Now I am a mother, a wife, and a community activist.  My life has changed and so has my definition and use of fashion.  I still love beautiful things, I still am addicted to shoes! ..Yet I can love the look of my son's colorful handprints painted on a baby tee as much as I love that expensive evening gown from that hoity toity designer.  

While speaking to my husband, who I adore to the tips of his toes.. (though he could clip the nails a little more often! Kisses Eton lov!), he nodded a few times, got distracted by something suitably manly like grease stains and beer, but finally suggested that I get others involved. Well, what a great Idea!  We have a wonderful community, talented people, and share experiences and advice like others share a cold.   With that in mind, we decided to develop 'Behind Our Closet Doors'.  Part blog of fashion, part journal, part live action living right on our pages.

It's spring time in our small town, time for vacations, warmer weather, and preparation for weddings and prom dates.  While our home is Hellbound, a lovely coastal town in Maine, our existence isn't in the world of the flesh and blood, but in SecondLife, where the youngest child has a voice, and fashion is more a matter of who you are than how much money you have in your wallet.   We don't care about credit scores, but life lived.   IF clothing helps, or leads you deeper, farther, differently on the journey, then you understand what we do.  Read along on our communities adventures and if we happen to find a bargain, a free giftie, or a designer you never met, then Great! A win win for everyone!  Either way, welcome to Behind Our Closet Doors, welcome to our lives."
Ana Rappaport

No comments:

Post a Comment